ere on the east coast of the US, it’s just minutes away from the start of Thanksgiving Day. I wanted to take a moment to just bullet point some of the things for which I am so very thankful right now:
- I am so thankful that my Father watches over me and cares about every detail of my life. His care for me is evident every day, and I can’t express the depth of my gratitude.
- I am so thankful for a beautiful, loving, wonderful wife who supports me in so many ways and gives me opportunities to support and show my love for her, too.
- I am so thankful for two children who bring joy to my life. While being a parent is often tricky, I could not be happier as a dad. The fact that both children have come into my life through adoption reminds me on a daily basis of the joy of being adopted into my Father’s family.
- I am so thankful for the recent move to Abingdon, VA. I haven’t changed the graphic in the “About Me” section of the sidebar yet to reflect our move, but we are now officially residents of Virginia. The details of how we ended up in Abingdon remind me of the tremendous provision of our loving Father.
- I am so thankful to be able to do things that I enjoy doing for “work”. My work stays varied enough and interesting enough to actually be fun.
- I am so thankful that my work often gives me the ability to be home with my family. There are stretches of time where the schedule gets difficult, but there are many more times where I can stay home and spend time with my lovely wife and children.
- I am so thankful for blog readers who often encourage me. Especially when it’s weeks or even months between blog posts, and yet they keep coming back to read!
- I am so thankful to be a part of a podcast that is actually encouraging people. The comments we have been receiving on our (mostly) weekly episodes humble me.
- I am so thankful to be able to minister to people through my music. There was a time when I realized that I was nowhere near worthy of being used by our Father to touch others’ lives, but I have come to relax in the joy of knowing that I am worthy because of Christ.
These are just a few of the things that I am thankful for. What about you? The comments are open for you to share things that you are thankful for. And to my brothers and sisters reading this in the United States, have a blessed and wonderful Thanksgiving day! To my brothers and sisters outside the US, this is a good day to give thanks anyway!
Until next time,